Tuesday 13 July 2010

My first jog since broken sesamoid and stress fracture, but left my VFFs at home

I’ve just got home after my first jog outside for FOUR whole months. Sweat is dripping from my brow on to my keyboard and I feel fantastic. I concentrated on taking it easy, staying relaxed and not over-striding. Most importantly, I enjoyed it. Every second of it. Even the bits when I was tired, when I was struggling with the heat, when my mind was telling me I’d have to stop. I loved it. Even running over my arch enemies, the cobblestones (see rant below), my foot felt perfect.

I’m overwhelmed with relief.

Fitness in Dubai features reviews of all the latest fitness programmes and local gyms, such as The Circuit Factory, 24 Fitness and CrossFit LifeSpark, as well as reviews of fitness fads, fitness tests and fitness equipment, from Vibram Five Fingers barefoot running shoes to VO2 Max testing. Ultimately, this fitness blog - as featured in Good Taste, Men's Fitness, Time Out and Shape magazines - contains everything you need to know about fitness in Dubai, UAE, in the Middle East. Bookmark it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment